Lamborghini Polo Storico, the automaker’s division dedicated to classic models, has recently complete restoration of two classic models. Both Espada and Islero were launched in 1968, and Lamborghini is taking these restored cars out of the museum to tour Italy in September.
Espada was Lamborghini’s first mass-produced four-seater. 1226 examples were produced during its ten-year run, spreading over three series. The spacious classic car was designed by Marcello Gandini for Carrozzeria Bertone and was the first Lamborghini with an automatic transmission. It is powered by a longitudinal, front-mounted 4.0-litre V12 engine that can reach a top speed of 245 km/h.
The Islero, initially named Jslero, was produced from 1968 to 1970 and rarely produced for 155 units for the Islero and 70 units for the Islero S. It was designed by Mario Marazzi of Carrozzeria Marazzi based on the 400 GT. It is also fitted with a longitudinal, front-mounted 4.0-litre V12 engine, but is able to reach 250 km/h (and 260 km/h for the S version).
The Lamborghini Espada and Islero 50th anniversary tour will take place from 7-11 September and drive through some of the most beautiful roads in Italy. It will end up in Sant’Agata Bolognese where owners can visit the manufacturing plants and the Polo Storico headquarters.