The last apartment Le Corbusier stayed in is once again open to public following a two-year restoration. Located inside the Immeuble Molitor apartment building designed by the master himself together with his cousin Pierre Jeanneret in Paris. He lived in the studio with his wife Yvonne Gallis from its completion in 1934 until his death in 1965.
The building on 24 rue Nungesser et Coli is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the apartment is located on the top two floors with over 240 sqm. French architect François Chatillon was invited to take part in the restoration project by current apartment owner the Foundation Le Corbusier. Chatillon has revived the Modernist apartment with respect to the original, mainly replacing the depreciated parts, refreshing the colours and textures, as well as enhancing the interior insulation. The restoration was completed just in time for the Foundation Le Corbusier’s 50th anniversary celebration and the apartment is open for visit on Mondays, Tuesdays and Saturdays.